I’m studying for my History class and need an explanation.
Analytical Questions for Writing Assignment #4, Video, “Civilians at War, 1936-1945”
The Century: America’s Time, “Civilians at War, 1936-1945
After watching the video linked on D2L answer the “analysis” portion of this writing assignment by answering the questions below:
- Much of the conduct of the nations involved in World War II derived from extreme forms of militarism and ideological fanaticism. Compare Japanese and German racial ideology, begin specific in terms of how they were similar AND different.
- “The United States was justified in dropping atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki” True or False? Why? In your answer, acknowledge the perspective of the other side of the argument and explain why your argument is better.
- As a requirement for the course, you will complete SEVEN writing assignments based on course readings and selected videos that you will view outside of class time.
- I will average the grades on your responsive writings and that score will count as 50% of your final average for the class.
- Each writing assignment must be a MINIMUM 500 words, typed and double-spaced, AND conform to the format outlined below. You CANNOT use a font that is larger than 12 point (I’d recommend Times Roman). Many students find that they can and want to write much more.
- If your paper fails to meet this MINIMUM REQUIREMENT, you will receive a 0 for the assignment.
- You SHOULD NOT AND CANNOT do any outside research to complete these assignments. Papers will be subject to originality analysis by Turnitin.com. If Turnitin.com shows that you have included outside resources, then you will receive a 0% for that paper.
- You will submit the six responsive writings in the appropriate folder in the D2L “Assignments” feature.
- If you use the Pages program on a Mac, please submit your work as a PDF or Word document. D2L will not read a Pages doc.
- I will post your grades and my comments through D2L.
- Part 1:
- Head this part, “Summary.” Because you are submitting electronically, you do not need a formal heading with you name, my name, the class, etc. Just put the heading at the top and begin writing.
- On this page, you should summarize the general content of the reading or video. You need to demonstrate to me that you have read/watched the assigned content in its entirety.
- Part 2:
- Head this part, “Analysis.”