To what extent do mergers and acquisitions in banking benefit:
a) managers? b) shareholders? (both side need to be discussed)
- The essay should be 1200 words (+/-5%).
- Your answer must be based on the Research Essay Source Pack.
- In your essay, you should make full use of the texts provided within the constraints of theword count (please see the student handbook for word count guidelines).
- You should also supplement the texts with two additional sources that you find yourself.
- You should use no more than 5 sources in total. These should be cited using the Harvard style.
- At the end of the essay, you should provide a reference list in the Harvard style with all thesources you have used in your essay.
- Footnotes are not permitted.
- Below is one possible way to structure your essay. You may use a different structure if you prefer, provided that the assessment criteria are fulfilled.
- – Provide necessary background to the issue and narrow down to the focus of your essay.
- – Write a thesis statement clearly stating your position in relation to the essay question.
- – You may also wish to outline the structure of the main body of your essay.
- – Each main body section should have a clear topic sentence which introduces a key idea.
- – Use content from the Research Essay Source Pack and your additional reading to develop eachidea.
- – A well-developed argument is likely to include some or all of the following: supporting data,facts, and opinion from the literature; evaluation of arguments and evidence, including any that challenge the thesis where appropriate; a logical sequence of ideas; relevant examples;a clear writer’s voice that comments on and weighs the evidence discussed in this section.
- – Briefly summarise the main conclusions arrived at in the main body paragraphs.
- – Reiterate your thesis (do not simply repeat your thesis statement word for word, however).
- – Comment on the possible implications of your findings.