I don’t understand this Psychology question and need help to study.
For this Assignment, you will create an informative brochure for your new practice and include an audio recording sharing information about your practice. Get as creative as you would like! This is your business and you want to engage your audience. Most computer software includes brochure templates and sound recording, but you can also obtain free templates and recording software on the Internet.
Read the following scenario, and then create your brochure and audio recording using the instructions below the scenario.
You are a “shiny new” Board Certified Behavior Analyst! Just 5-days ago, you took your certification exam and received the news that you had passed! Since having a private practice has always been your dream, you have already set up your website and begun advertising.
The phone rings; you answer, “Good morning, Behavior Improvement, Inc.”
The woman calling states that she has been trying to locate an ABA service provider who can work in the home with her 4-year-old son who has just recently been diagnosed with Autism. She explains that she does not know how to deal with the tantrums, rigidity, and non-compliance. She asks, “Are you accepting new clients?”
You set up an appointment to meet at her home to discuss what ABA can do for her child – and her family. First, you prepare an informative brochure that you can leave with her – and that you can use in advertising your new practice. Then, create an audio recording of your conversation with the woman, describing the information found on your brochure.
Part 1: Brochure
Your brochure should be, at minimum, a tri-fold document. You must use at least three academic references to support the assertions made in the brochure. Provide in-text citations in APA format. For this assignment, you will provide a reference page that is separate from your brochure, in APA format, and on a Word document.
The following are items and/or questions you will want to address in your brochure on ABA services:
General ABA information
- Highlight the differences between mentalistic and behavioral approaches to therapy.
- Include information regarding the importance of data collection to determine the effectiveness of treatment, as well as to inform decisions regarding changes to the behavior intervention plan and/or when to move to the next level in a skill hierarchy.
- Individualized behavior plans with the client’s interests in mind; provide a little information about how plans are individualized for your clients. What makes individualized services unique and appealing?
Specific information on services you provide
- Do you offer home-based services? Do you offer office-based services? Where do you deliver your much-needed services?
- Do you offer training for parents, teachers, and others on behavior plan implementation and data collection?
- What payment options can you offer; what insurance do you accept; what payment plans can you work out?
- Provide a statement regarding the frequency and length of therapy sessions.
Ethical standards for ABA
Now that you have presented what the ABA therapy process looks like – sort of the ABA professional’s “operational definition” of services, it is time to discuss the ethical standards that guide your work with clients. This section is a good place in the brochure to include a non-discrimination statement (If you accept Medicaid, you will be required to include such language.), languages you speak, and, perhaps, “culture sensitive” approaches.
Utilize the BACB’s “Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts.”
- Identify the ethical and professional standards of professional applied behavior analysis related to client services.
- Explain how professional competence can be ensured.
- Discuss confidentiality and limits to confidentiality
after i have to create a voice recording explaining the business im not sure if you want to create in powerpoint or word.