I’m studying for my Business class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
The instructor will place students into groups. Each member of the CLC group will personally choose and interview one leader. You may not interview a family member. Examples of leaders include, but are not limited to, former or current managers or supervisors, educational leaders, civic/business leaders, and religious leaders. This interview can take place over the phone, through e-mail, or in person.
To ensure that the interviews yield comparable results, the CLC group must prepare a list of questions to ask the chosen leaders (interviewees). As a team, choose four questions from the following list:Please answer the highlighted questions 1,2,3, and 8. Also answer the two additional questions that are highlighted as well.
- What are the most important qualities an effective leader should have?
- What is the importance of trust in leadership?
- What are the qualities you want most in an employee? Why?
- Who has had the most influence on how you lead? Why?
- In what areas would you like to improve your leadership?
- How do your employees react to your leadership?
- Have you engaged in 360-degree feedback? If so, what has been the result?
- What is the role of effective communication in leadership?
- How would you rate yourself at being able to communicate with all your important stakeholders?
In addition to the four interview questions your team will use from the above list, generate, as a group, two more questions, for a total of six interview questions. Please note: All members of the CLC are required to ask their individually chosen leaders the same interview questions, so the CLC must decide as a team which questions will be included in the interview.
The TWO additional question
- What are the most important values you demonstrate as a leader?
- Can you describe how leadership development takes place at the company?
After conducting the interview, each CLC member will individually create a leadership profile of the chosen leader in a PowerPoint presentation (5-6 slides). Be sure to include the following in your individual leadership profile:
- A slide that introduces your chosen leader, including justification for choosing the particular leader.
- A summary of the answers to the interview questions.
- A description of the leadership model with which the leader seems most closely aligned.
One additional slide:
- A summary that describes any characteristics of servant leadership displayed by your leader.
- Other commonalities among the leaders, in terms of values, beliefs, and impact on the community.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.