Fill in the attached outline with the content for your essay.
Using the outline you filled in part1, write 4-6 pages essay about the power book following the task below
Length: 4-6 pages, MLA format, size 12, Times New Roman, double-spaced
Task: You will choose one of the prompts below and respond to the question in a sustained 4-6- page, argumentative essay. You will use textual evidence from The Power AND at least one of the TedTalks.
Prompt Choices (CHOOSE ONE):
1. You finished reading the novel, and you would like to add or modify a scene. You can make up a new character, rewrite an existing character’s scene, or write the scene with you as the character. Write a 4-6-page scene. You should include a description of where this scene would fall in the book and how this would impact the ending of the novel.
2. In what ways does the novel reflect modern society?
3. Choose 1 of our characters. Ask a critical question about your character’s journey and answer it in a 4-6-page essay.
4. What is Alderman’s argument in her book? Does she succeed in convincing her reader of her argument? Why or why not?
5. Why does Alderman choose to end her novel the way she does? What is your interpretation of the ending?
6. What do you think happens after the ending?
7. What is the significance of what Darrel did to Roxy?
8. What is the nature of Roxy and Tunde’s relationship? Why does Alderman choose to portray their relationship in this way? Will they last after the ending?
9. In your opinion, is Allie/Mother Eve a morally sound character? Discuss some of her actions and explain your reasoning.
10. What is the voice?
11. Are religious paradigms still relevant post-cataclysm?
12. How are the non-gender-conforming people affected by the power? Who has the skein in these scenarios?
13. Why does Alderman use sexual violence in the novel?
Ted Talks links: