I have attached the file needed and also an example of how the final draft has to be.
Use Low_Birth_Weight.xls file which consists of data from 189 births. It includes variables regarding the birth weight of the baby, whether it was low weight, the age of the mother, the weight of the mother, the race of the mother, whether the mother smoked, whether the labor was premature, whether the mother had a history of hypertension, and whether the mother had uterine irritability.
- ASSIGNED PROBLEM 1: Create a pivot table of Race and Low Birth Weight. Then using the JOINT_PROBABILITY.xls file, complete the Joint Probability table so you can answer the following:
- What is the probability of randomly choosing a Black woman?
- What is the probability of randomly choosing a White woman AND a Low birth weight?
- What is the probability of randomly choosing a Black woman OR a Low birth weight?
- Given that the mother you selected is a White, what is the probability she had Low birth weight?
- Given that the mother had Low birth weight, what is the probability she is Black?
- ASSIGNED PROBLEM 2: Let’s assume that the Low_Birth_Weight.xls file is a random sample from the Carson Hospital in 2015. The mean birth weight is approximately 6.5 pounds with a standard deviation of 1.6 pounds. The national standard is that a birth weight below 5.5 pounds is considered to be low. Using the NORMAL_PROBABILITY.xls file, compute the following:
- What is the probability of a low birth weight (< 5.5 pounds) occurring at Carson?
- What is the probability of a birth weight being above the national average of 7.5 pounds?
- What is the probability of a birth weight being between 5 and 6 pounds?
- The bottom 10% of births by weight are below what weight?
Expectations: Copy & paste the Excel displays into a Word file if you can. Upload the Word file (or the Excel files) for credit. Comments in which you describe your findings should be included with each display. APA formatting is not required for weekly assignments but adhere to the rules of written English in your punctuation, grammar and spelling.