I’m working on a Environmental Science exercise and need support.
Please see attachments for CSU REFERENCEs needed for the paper
- Weight: 10% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Tuesday, 02/18/2020 11:59 PM (CST)
In this unit, you became familiar with sources of municipal solid waste (MSW), beneficial uses of MSW, and MSW landfills.
For this assignment, you will write an essay that addresses the components listed below.
- Discuss the sources and beneficial uses of municipal solid waste.
- Describe the differences between garbage, rubbish, and trash.
- Elaborate on the four characteristics of optimum routing of MSW collection trucks.
- Explain the purpose of transfer stations.
- Provide two positive and two negative aspects of incinerators.
- Describe the purpose of composting.
- Discuss four differences between dumps and landfills.
- Address the following question: If each person in a city of 20,000 people generates 5 pounds per day of MSW, how many pounds of MSW are generated in a year in the city?
- Address the following question: In a different city, if the landfill volume required per year is 300,000 m3, and the average fill depth is 15 m, what is the required landfill area (m2) per year?
Your essay should flow smoothly from topic to topic with thoughtful transitions. It should be at least three pages in length, not counting the references page; a title page is optional.
Support your essay with at least two peer-reviewed articles from the CSU Online Library. The articles should be no more than 20 years old. Feel free to use the textbook and other sources as references in addition to your two CSU Online Library sources. Be sure to properly cite and reference all sources, and use APA format.