Can you help me understand this Business question?
Managers are responsible for overseeing a wide variety of value chain activities in their businesses. Modern organizations have high expectations of their managers, who must increase the financial health of their businesses while improving customer satisfaction and growing the percentage of loyal customers. By any standard, the manager’s role is instrumental in achieving business and organizational success.
There are many sources of information about the manager’s role in modern businesses. Following is a list of just a few of these sources:
- Wall Street Journal (www.wsj.com)
- Harvard Business Review (https://hbr.org/)
- Business Week (https://businessweek.com/)
- Forbes (http://www.forbes.com)
- Chron – Hearst Newspapers LLC (www.chron.com/business/)
- Conduct research about the importance of the manager’s role in business. Look for research that discusses how the manager influences the customer’s shopping experience, grows sales, drives profitability, and achieves organizational goals. You may use any of the sources listed above or you may choose from any of a host of other available sources that address this topic.
- Based on your research and the course content:
- Identify and explain the primary ways in which managers can positively affect the total customer experience.
- Provide at least two recommendations a business manager in your organization could use to improve organizational performance (i.e., improved sales). Describe how implementing these recommendations would result in sales growth.
- Provide at least two recommendations a business manager in your organization could use to increase business profitability. Describe how implementing these recommendations would result in increased profitability.
- Analyze your research, then identify and define at least two conflicting priorities that might make it difficult for a manager to achieve one or more of his responsibilities. Decide the best way to resolve the conflicting priorities and explain the logic behind your decision.
- Write a four-page paper (minimum) that thoroughly addresses all four areas included under Instruction #2. Cite a minimum of two outside sources used in your research. You must give appropriate credit to the source of the material.
Format Instructions: For this assignment, at a minimum, your paper must be double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, with 1” margins on all sides. It must consist of a title page, the body of the paper, and a reference page (if outside sources are used in the work). A running head and page numbers must be included per APA style guidelines. Since outside sources are required on this assignment, APA style In-Text citations must be included in the body of the paper.