I’m trying to learn for my Communications class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
1. When, if ever, is book censorship justified? Use examples to explain and defend your answer include some of these terms when you explain; technological determinism, rag content, dime novels, public domain, trade books, acquisitions, university press, online publishers, blurb, and block busters.
2. What are some of the effects of e-books on the general population?
3. What type of reader are you? What effect has your reading style had on your education and your life?
This week I would like you to read an online edition of a newspaper and hard copy of a newspaper.
1. After reading through each section tell us what aspects you liked of each and what you didn’t like as much.
2. Which format are you more likely to use? Why?
3. Do you currently read a newspaper (hard copy or online) on a regular basis? Why or why not?
4. Did you grow up in a household where your parents read the paper on a regular basis?
5. Do you prefer reading an in depth report (like you might find in a newspaper) or watching a shorter version of the story (like you might find on a local newscast)?
Social Media and Censorship/Banning
1. Give an example of how social media is currently censoring or banning certain views they don’t agree with.
2. Do you think this is a good idea? Why or why not?