I’m studying for my Health & Medical class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
The practicum experience helps to increase knowledge and skills learned in previous courses. It creates an atmosphere to apply evidence-based concepts of disease management to patient care plans. Sharing of practicum experiences with classmates will increase knowledge of most common illnesses treated in different practicum settings. Continue to ask questions of your preceptor and examine rationales for prioritizing diagnoses and prescribing medications.
Please share practicum experiences with classmates by addressing the following information:
- Type of practicum setting
- Average number of patients seen by you and the preceptor on a daily basis
- Most common diagnosis treated
- Available resources (low cost meds, social services, community resources, etc.)
- Most interesting patient presentation
- Comfort level with history-taking, physical exam, medical diagnosing, management plans including prescribing medications, and health education and oral presentations.