I need an explanation for this Social Science question to help me study.
I WANT YOU GUYS TO SAY MY COACH IS MY MENTOR BECAUSE I CAN GO TO HIM FOR ANYTHING.
As college students you should already have a mentor in place or consider creating a mentoring relationship for yourself with a professional in the industry that you’re interested in. This assignment is intended to force those initial steps to take place. This assignment will consist of two parts: 1) you develop a mentoring relationship; and 2) you reflect inwardly on your mentoring relationships and growth as a result.
First, I want you to determine an individual that you would feel comfortable having as your professional mentor. This person is meant to serve as a guide, counselor, and reference point for you in your professional career. As such, you want to make sure you are comfortable communicating with this individual on a regular basis. When selecting your mentor think about your professional career goals and then think on your life “who have I met or worked with that could help me succeed?” This individual may be your previous or current employer, a coach, family friend, etc. Do not use immediate family members as your mentors; those relationships will tend to give you skewed opinions on situations. You will need to solidify a mentor-ship relationship as part of this assignment. Do not claim someone as your mentor without asking their permission to work with you.
After you have determined who you would like to be your mentor, reflect and answer the following questions:
- Do you currently have someone that you work with as a professional mentor?
- If you answered YES to the previous question, answer the next three questions:
- How has a mentor impacted your leadership behavior and development?
- How has the mentor advised, taught, counseled, or influenced you in a professional capacity?
- What successes or knowledge have you gained from your mentor-ship?
- If you answered NO to the first question asked, answer the next three questions:
- How do you feel a mentor will impact your leadership behavior and development?
- What expectations do you have in regards to your mentor advising, teaching, and counseling you on leadership behaviors?
- What do you hope to learn most from you mentor?
This assignment should be submitted as a paper report, written using APA formatting. The first portion of the assignment should detail information about your new mentor and their professional capacity to be a strong mentor for you. The second portion of the assignment should answer the above questions. Please submit your work as a Word document.