I’m studying and need help with a Communications question to help me learn.
Option #2: Perception of a Coworker in Your Workplace Paper
In Chapter 2 of the textbook, we learn how we as individuals are malleable, depending on the creation of various self-concepts influenced by “particularized others” and “generalized others.” This fractiousness of the self also forms perceptions of others in interpersonal communication. Our perceptions of others is similarly fractious and discursive because we perceive based on our interpretations of the counterparty’s physiology, culture, and social roles, which also include socioeconomic status and “race,” and different kinds of cognitive complexities discussed at length in Chapter 3 of the textbook.
- Examine how a specific relationship in your workplace with a coworker or boss is perceived by you based on the range of interpretations available to you (these are physiology, culture and social roles, etc.).
- Based on your experience of perception of this counterparty, is there anything you can do differently in order to improve your relationship? In order to answer this last question, you need to refer to the various guidelines for improving perception and communication beginning on page 91 of the textbook.
- Refer to the Critical Thinking Rubric in the Module 2 Folder for more information on expectations for this assignment.
- Your written paper should be four to five pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- You need to cite at least two sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. These should be scholarly or peer-reviewed resources. The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Library’s (Links to an external site.) homepage.