I’m trying to learn for my Chemistry class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
- List the starting materials, solvent, reagent, temperature range (low, room temperature, or high) and products formed:
- How long did it take to finish the reaction?
- List any important IR peaks (If no noteworthy peaks, answer “none”).
- Are there any IR peaks NOT PRESENT that indicate the product was formed? (Hint: think about the functional groups of the starting material and the product)
- List the 1H NMR peaks. List the peak number, chemical shift, multiplicity (splitting pattern), and the integration.
- List the 13C NMR peaks. List the peak number and the chemical shift.
- What is the intermediate of this reaction?
- What is the leaving group (Hint: think about the mechanism)?
- What is the nucleophile?
2-methyl2-propanol +HCl =2-chloro2-methylpropane