I’m stuck on a Nursing question and need an explanation.
NSG 120 Week 4 Questions
- Describe the four phases of Pharmacokinetics of medications
- What is the difference between the duration of a medication and the half-life?
- What is the difference between a medication that is ordered stat and one that is ordered now?
- What are the 6 medication rights?
- What is the difference between the side effects and the adverse effects of a medication
- Medications have a one hour window of administration. If a patient is to receive a 09:00am medication what is the earliest time you can administer it? What is the latest time you can administer it?
- To help prevent medication errors the nurse should check the medication against the order how many times before administering the medication to the client?
- All schedule II – V medications have a risk for developing abuse. These medications must be counted as per facility policy. Explain how nurses should count these medications.
- When you discover you have made a medication error what steps should you take?
- What type of medications should never be crushed or opened and put in food for client to consume and why?