I’m studying for my Health & Medical class and need an explanation.
HI253: Medical Coding I
Topic: Coding Common Infectious Diseases
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is an important pathogen in healthcare that causes significant morbidity and mortality. Review the ICD–10–CM Coding Guidelines that relate to MRSA. Discuss the use of combination codes with MRSA. Also discuss the difference between an infection and a colonization in regards to MRSA. Feel free to share any MRSA-related incidents you may know of, without breaching confidentiality.
Participation Expectations: Your main post to the discussion should contain at least 150 words, with no more than 10% quoting, and cite any sources used on a reference list following APA format.
SC121: Human Anatomy and Physiology
Topic 2: Antioxidants
Normal cell metabolism can produce free radicals in the body which can cause damage. They can also enter from outside of the body through factors such as pesticides, environmental pollution, and cigarette smoke. Antioxidants produced in the body act to neutralize these free radicals. You may also choose to add more antioxidants through your diet. Research this subject and be prepared to answer the following questions: 200 words minimum. use apa format when quoting sources
- What are free radicals? What kind of harm can they cause?
- What do antioxidants do for us? How do we get antioxidants? Do some research into food products or supplements that are said to be good for us.
- Can too many antioxidants be a bad thing? Explain why or why not.
- What are the health benefits of antioxidants according to their supporters? Find some research to back up any of these claims.
- Following your research, will you try to increase your intake of antioxidants? Why or why not?