Help me study for my Anatomy class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that cause weakness and degeneration of the skeletal muscles. While all types exhibit similar physical effects, their cause is not the same. Below is a list of the muscular dystrophies. Choose one to focus on for your Assignment. Provide detailed information, in your own words using quotes sparingly, describing the features of a specific form of muscular dystrophy, including causes, symptoms, etc. Directly cited and quoted materials should be used sparingly, as these do not indicate your understanding of the content of your submission. Please submit 500-750 words, using American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition format for references.
- Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD)
- Congenital muscular dystrophies (CMD)
- Bethlem CMD
- Fukuyama CMD
- Muscle-eye-brain diseases (MEBs)
- Rigid spine syndromes
- Ullrich CMD
- Walker-Warburg syndromes (WWS)
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)
- Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy (EDMD)
- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD)
- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophies (LGMD)
- Myotonic dystrophy (DM)
- Oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy (OPMD)