International Terrorist – Essay Assignment
Select a terrorist group from the text (or another in which you can locate substantial information).
Prepare an essay covering, in detail, the following:
(Be sure to address all items.)
- Name of the Terrorist Organization
- Briefly describe the nature of the organization
- Country of Origin
- History of Organization
- Structure of the Organization
- Affiliations with Other Organizations
- Typology (political, religious, or social [special interest])
- Characteristics of Members (Status, Education, Age, Gender)
- Tactics (bombings, armed attacks, arson, assassination, hostage-taking, hijacking, WMDs, other [be specific and include examples)
- Intended Impacts
- Any other information of interest.
- Follow the above “Writing Assignment Protocols.”
- Your paper must 5 pages (only). (Do not include the title page or reference page in your page count.) (Points will be deducted for not meeting the minimum [5 full pages] or exceeding the page limit.)
- Proofread your paper before submitting it.
- You must use your textbook and at least two (3) other scholarly articles to support your position/findings.
- Use the MDC Library and the textbook to locate research to support your paper..
Papers that are not submitted as described above will not be graded and will result in a zero (0).
WARNING: Do not copy and paste from the Internet. Plagiarizing will result in a zero (0).
PLEASE NOTE: The assignment dropbox will be available below. If the link is currently unavailable it means that your instructor did not make the dropbox available yet or the dropbox is no longer available. Please contact your instructor or check your Calendar for availability dates.
WRITING ASSIGNMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- use an academic writing style.
- reflect critical thinking.
- include concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- include a separate cover page.
- include your name, the course, the title of the assignment, and the date.
- include a separate references page for sources used.
- be typed.
- be in Times New Roman, 12 point font, black.
- be double-spaced.
- be standard/proper English, spelling, and grammar.
- be written in your own words.
- be written in the 3rd person.
- The language should be impersonal, and should not include personal pronouns, emotional language, or informal speech.
- Avoid political aspersions.
- be in essay format.
- be written in paragraph format, with complete sentences.
- contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
- Hint: The introduction states your thesis or the purpose of the paper. Organize your body paragraphs to include the main idea, which is then developed or illustrated by support evidence. The conclusion is a restatement of your thesis.
- properly cite sources using in-text citations and a reference list (APA format).
- For example, your textbook:
- According to White (2017), “In the initial stages of radicalization, an ideology is one of the most important factors attracting recruits for a small group” (p. 68). Popular positions are rarely used to recruit (White, 2017).
- Parenthetical Citation: (White, 2017)
- Narrative citation: White (2017) believes…
- Your textbook should be referenced as follows:
White, J. (2017). Terrorism and homeland security (9 ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.