- Chapter 8 in Fundamentals of Management
- Espedal, B. (2017). Understanding how balancing autonomy and power might occur in leading organizational change. European Management Journal, 35(2), 155-163.
- Roll, S. (2015). Managing change: How Egypt’s military leadership shaped the transformation. Mediterranean Politics, 1-21.
- Rumbaugh, M. (2016). Change management tips. Contract Management 56(3), 52-56,59.
This is a graded discussion: 25 points possible
We learn this week that change is difficult and, more often than not, inevitable. It is during change when managers need effective forecasting skills, both nationally and globally.
- Describe forecasting and managing future trends, development, and change with a focus on emerging markets in third world countries.
- Explain why monitoring change in this specific global market is important to managers.
- Describe tools that could be used to monitor the global market.
- Discuss how to assess these tools.
- Describe the largest organizational change you have experienced.
- Describe the impetus for that change.
- Discuss whether change management did a good job of removing or alleviating those obstacles.
- Explain the impact the change had at the global level.
- Explain the impact the change had at the organizational level.
- Explain the impact the change had at the at the team level.
- Explain the impact the change had at the and at the individual level.
Post your initial response of at least 250 words early and check back often to continue the discussion. Be sure to respond to at least two posts from other students or your instructor. Your responses in the discussion board must be well written according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). Finally, be sure to include in your initial post at least one reference using the CSU Library or other professional and scholarly references.
Optional: Interact with your instructor and classmates in a new way. Consider responding to this discussion using the classroom’s audio/video option below. If you choose this option, please record a 2-3 minute response to the discussion questions, and include your references in the text box before submitting your post. For further instructions, click on the audio/video instructions below.