Answer the following questions in a paper. This assignment is also a culmination of our learning, demonstrating that we are capable of the expectations in our course syllabus. For this project, you could imagine this work as consultants presenting recommendations to company leaders. The material should benefit the managers in the audience to improve their decision making and other aspects of it as the questions describe. As business consultants, you want to share your knowledge and skills gained in the course and demonstrate to these leaders how to apply it. Provide a presentation as a backdrop or summary outline for your audience. Since they may consist of executives, you want your work professional and polished. For example, a PowerPoint or Prezzi program would be ideal for the presentation. The number of slides should be between 6-12.
You should be familiar with the numbered Course Learning Objectives below and cover them well in the Final Project.
1. Explain the connection between critical thinking and decision-making. How should leaders and managers determine effective solutions?
2. Compare and contrast the processes and models used by good (ethical and effective) leaders. For example, how do ethical managers to know how to make sound and practical decisions? What are unethical managerial practices today and how can you, as a Christian leader, discourage them in your business? You could compare and contrast the organizational culture of of dishonest firms and proactive ethical companies that are community-minded.
3. Compare and contrast various decision-making techniques and problem solving models and methods. Perhaps a table showing their similarities and differences would illustrate this clearly.
4. Evaluate resources in terms of their usefulness for problem solving in various organizational scenarios. You may use one that is already mentioned in this paper.
5. Explain how leadership determines effective solutions and implements them with followers or employees. Elaborate on the factors that influence decision implementation in a company. This leads your team into our last inquiry.
6. What would be the best procedures for leading a group to commit to a good decision? Explain helpful steps and/or ways to implement changes after Decision Making. For example, you can provide a process for recognizing problems, investigating and collecting relevant information, generating alternatives, assessing them, and making a plan. Elaborate upon these steps. An example would suffice.
The writing needs to follow our previous form, in APA format. Along with the Decisive textbook, a minimum of 12 scholarly and/or peer-reviewed references are necessary to support your writing. Counting all of the words in the presentation and the paper, this work should contain between 2000-2500 words.
This week, the students will demonstrate their learning and reflect on the course. We want to demonstrate that we learned and are able to meet our Course Learning Objectives, which are to:
1. Examine the relationship between critical thinking and decision-making and how the leader can determine effective solutions.
2. Examine the processes and models used by good (ethical and effective) leaders to know when and how to make sound and practical decisions and how to implement them within the organization to solve problems.
3. Evaluate various decision-making techniques and problem solving models and how these represent actual decision processes
4. Evaluate resources in terms of their usefulness for problem solving in various organizational scenarios.
5. Explore the relationship between critical thinking and decision-making and how the leader can determine effective solutions.
6. Explore the processes for recognizing problems, investigating and collecting relevant information, generating alternatives, assessing them, and leading the group or organization to commit to a good decision and its effective implementation.
7. Explain the factors influencing decision implementation in an organization.
8. Explain how they reached their decisions and how they would implement them in the organizational context.
- Heath, Chip and Heath, Dan. (2013) Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and WorkU.S.: Crown Business. ISBN: 9780307956392
- Harnish, Verne. (2012). The Greatest Business Decisions of All Timeby Verne Harnish & the Editors of Fortune, Forward by Jim Collins. New York. Published by Fortune Books. Print ISBN: 9781603204415, 1603204415 e-text ISBN: 9781603204415, 1603204415