This week, we examined a managerial activity that spans all four functional areas: decision making. Our exploration included managerial ethical dilemmas and the specific decisions faced by managers in business today. Address the following:
- Select a manager. This can be someone you know or someone you have learned about through the news, reading, etc.
- Assess his or her strengths in decision making based on assigned reading concepts/theory. Research can also be supplemented from (but not solely based on) other information from academically credible resources.
- Assess that same manager’s decision-making weaknesses using the assigned reading concepts/theory. Research can also be supplemented from (but not solely based on) other information from academically credible resources.
- Assess the manager’s track record for making ethical decisions including at least one example of either an ethical or unethical decision made.
- Defend 2–3 recommendations for management performance improvement in decision making based on sound, academically credible concepts and theories from assigned reading and academically credible research.