I’m studying and need help with a Writing question to help me learn.
Successful completion of a doctoral dissertation requires significant amounts of independent reading on the research topic. This allows the doctoral learner/researcher to become familiar with the scope of the topic and to identify gaps or tensions within the existing literature on the topic. These gaps and tensions become the source of the dissertation research. In this assignment, you will read and annotate potential sources in your dissertation field of interest. Those demonstrating the most merit to the best of your understanding of the topic at this time should be added to your RefWorks list for potential inclusion in the literature review section of your dissertation.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate the assignment submission for “Literature Review Resources” from your previous class. You will be adding to this document to begin or continue building a running literature review.
- It is recommended that you engage in this activity thoughout the duration of this course.
- Instructors will be scoring your submission based on the number of unique sources identified in the list submitted.
- Download the “Literature Review Resources” tool and use it to complete the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
- Read at least 10 peer-reviewed articles in your general dissertation field that you have not read previously.
- In the “Literature Review Resources” document that you submitted previously, provide the following for each source that you are adding to the document:
- APA-formatted citation.
- Brief annotation of the key points of the source.
- Indication of whether the sources has been added to (Y) or excluded from (N) your RefWorks list.
- Highlight the additions to the document so the instructor can readily identify them.