I need help with a Business question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Complete your assigned reading.
- Read the rubric.
- The leadership theories you may choose are listed below. As soon as possible, select the theory you want to research
- Trait – this what I selected
- Leader-Member Exchange
- Coaching Approach Note: The theory you select for your paper is the same theory you will use for the Leadership Each Teach assignment in Week 2
- Finish researching your assigned theory. Your sources should include:
- The chapter dedicated to the theory in the Northouse textbook. You must include citations to this book.
- 2+ scholarly resources
- 1+ professional resources
- 1+ other resources
- Write a 5-7 page academic paper that synthesizes your research and includes the items listed. Your paper must include an introduction, running head with page numbers, appropriate headings, and a reference list of the resources cited in the paper AND a bibliography of recommended resources. Adhere to APA guidelines. At the very least, address the following topics in your paper:
- Summarize the theory or approach. For example, according to the theory, what is good leadership and how does one demonstrate it?
- What is the ethical perspective and emphasis of the approach?
- How does the approach view the relationship between leaders and followers?
- Discuss practical applications of this approach – if possible, discuss a situation in which you have experienced this leadership approach.
- What knowledge and abilities does a leader applying this approach need to develop? How can they go about developing them?
- Your assessment of the approach. For example, what are its strengths and weaknesses, how does it compare to other theories or approaches, and in what contexts you would recommend applying it (or not), if any?
- Submit your paper to Turnitin. Review your originality report. If your report states that more than 24% of your document is not original thought, rework your paper so that it is written in your own words. Make any other revisions necessary based on the originality report (e.g., include citations).
- Review the rubric to confirm that you have met or exceeded the requirements for this assignment. Copy and paste the rubric at the end of your document.
- Northouse (2018):
- Chapter 13: Leadership Ethics
- Chapter 15: Gender and Leadership
- Chapter 16: Culture and Leadership
Articles and Book Chapters
- Grojean, M. W., Resick, C. J., Dickson, M. W., & Smith, D. B. (2004). Leaders, values, and organizational climate: Examining leadership strategies for establishing an organizational climate regarding ethics. Journal of Business Ethics, 55, 223-241.
- Rhode, D. L. & Packel, A. K. (2009). Ethics and Nonprofits. Stanford Social Innovation Review, Summer, 28-35.
- Rice, M. F. (2007). Promoting Cultural Competency in Public Administration and Public Service Delivery: Utilizing Self-assessment Tools and Performance Measures. Journal of Public Affairs Education, 13 (1), 41-57.
- Dobel, J. B. (n.d.). Value Driven Leading: A Management Approach. Seattle, WA: The Electronic Hallway.
- Read pages 7-23