I’m studying for my Business class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
BUS 2303 UNIT VI ASSIGNMENT
Your friend is starting a new position within your place of employment and has a couple of questions. She wants to know what to expect and how your organization uses teamwork to build positive relationships. In this assignment, you will give your friend some ideas of what to expect by outlining the following aspects of your workplace:
- Explain the role of the human resource department and how they can help you.
- Define the role of a mentor.
- Describe the ways in which you can work together with a mentor to overcome challenges in the new position.
- Provide a description of a mentor from your life and how you used teamwork to solve problems.
Your complete assignment must be at least two pages in length. Outside sources are not a requirement for this essay.
SOC 1010 UNIT VI ASSIGNMENT
For this assignment, you will conduct Internet research about a significant person that was or is an advocate against inequality. Choose a person who has had an impact on promoting equality whether through philanthropy, civil rights, teaching, or lifestyle. Then, download and complete the worksheet by clicking here. Save all of your work directly to the worksheet, and submit it in Blackboard for grading.
THIS GOES WITH THE ABOVE ASSIGNMENT (SOC 1010 UNIT VI ASSIGNMENT)
Unit VI Advocacy for Change Worksheet
Using the Internet, research a significant person that was/is an advocate against inequality. Choose a person that has had an impact on promoting equality whether through philanthropy, civil rights, teachings, or lifestyle. Answer the questions below on this worksheet. List any sources used at the end of the worksheet. Provide citations for any quoted material. You should provide at least 400 words of content for this assignment. When you are finished with the worksheet, select “Save As” and save the document using this format: StudentID_UnitVI. Upload this document to Blackboard as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file.
- Introduce the person. Discuss what led him or her to become an advocate.
- Discuss which of the sociological views (i.e., conflict, interactionism, or functionalism) help explain the type of inequality being addressed by the advocate.
- Did his or her advocacy invoke a change and/or influence others? Discuss why or why not.
- What lessons do you believe we can take away from this person and apply today?
List of sources used for the assignment: