I’m studying for my Art & Design class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
This is a research project. A Biography of significant figure from the Humanities Traditions.
You must choose someone from this list.
Your paper should provide detail of their life and best-known works. To provide some information that may be lesser known. What is the person’s broader contribution to the Humanities. Try to get at an understanding of their understanding of the human condition.
The paper should be 5 pages in length, plus a bibliography/works cited page. Double spaced 12 point type in Calibri or Times New Roman. You may use MLA, APA or Chicago Style for your citations and Bibliography/Works Cited. If you need assistance with how to do proper citations The Purdue OWL (Links to an external site.) website is a helpful resource. You must include a bibliography (Works Cited) of no fewer than 10 refereed sources. If you include Google or Wikipedia in your Bibliography you will automatically fail the assignment.
- Artemisia Gentileschi (painting)
- Goya (painting)
- Raphael (painting)
- Jackson Pollock(painting)
- Edward Hopper(painting)
- Konstantin Stanislavski (theater)
- Vinnette Carroll (theater)
- Bertolt Brecht (theater)
- Aphra Behn (theater)
- Euripides (theater)
- Earnest Hemingway (literature)
- Zora Neale Hurston (literature)
- James Baldwin (literature)
- Orson Wells (film)
- W. Griffith (film)
- Gregg Toland (film)
- Lois Weber (film)
- Louis Sullivan (architecture)
- Zaha Hadid (architecture)
- Christopher Wren (architecture)
- Wagner (music)
- Mozart (music)
- Verdi (music)
- Immanuel Kant (philosophy)
- Hannah Arendt (philosophy)
- Michel Foucault (philosophy)
- Ansel Adams (photographer)
- Dorthea Lange (photographer)
- Sidhartha Gautama, The Buddha (Religion)
- Loa Tzu (Religion)