I’m studying and need help with a Writing question to help me learn.
There is no best way to hire new employees – a strategy that works for one organization may not be best suited to another. Hiring practices and strategies vary based on position, location, resources, and industry. The purpose of this assignment is for you to begin researching and analyzing the concept of sourcing, selecting, and hiring new employees. This assignment will also provide a vehicle for you to review the process in an organization with which you are familiar, thereby building a foundation from which you can learn and assess.
For this assignment, you will write a four- to five-page paper (excluding the title and references pages) analyzing the manner in which an organization with which you are familiar hires new employees.
- Assess the hiring process of the organization.
- Explain how and where the organization sources candidates.
- Identify who determines the recruitment and selection process.
- Identify who reviews resumes and performance background checks and who determines if drug or medical assessments are necessary.
- Explain who makes the decision on what the ideal candidate “looks like” for the position (i.e., job requirements and qualifications).
- Examine the roles that managers, recruiters, co-workers, and candidates play in the hiring process.
- Assess the organizational strategic components related to the hiring process.
- Describe goal alignment between the hiring process and the organization strategy.
- Evaluate how the organization’s strategy affects the hiring process.
- Evaluate how human resources (HR) can change organizational strategy when the strategies create issues for the hiring process.
The How to Hire Right the First Time paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly or peer reviewed sources, in addition to the course text.