Read the original marshmallow study here:
Then answer the following questions:
1) What do you think the authors of the paper are suggesting?
2) Find 3-4 quotations that sparked your curiosity and tell us why these quotes stood out to you?
3) What do you notice about the voice of the paper?
4) Are the authors in disagreement with some other way of thinking? That is to say, is their a “They say” in their “I say”? Who are “they” and what is Mischel disagreeing with? What is he bifurcating from? And what does he discover in his research?
5) What do you make of all the charts and diagrams? Was it confusing for you? Why/Why not?
1. Each year, CNN, Fortune, Money, and Time magazines compile a list of the one hundred best companies to work for (see the 2018 Time list here: http://time.com/money/5047491/the-100-best-places-to-work-in-2018/ (Links to an external site.)
(Links to an external site.)What can we learn about keystone habits from these successful companies?
a. Look at the full list of 100 companies from different websites. How many of the company names do you recognize? How many would you consider a household name? What does this tell you about the success of these companies?
b. What keystone habits or cultures have these companies adopted that have made them successful? Read three company profiles on the website and identify at least one core value that could be a keystone habit for each organization.
c. Is there a clear theme to the keystone habits you identify?