Can you help me understand this Writing question?
NFFOR PARTICIPATION POINTS:
Use this forum to discuss one of the pronunciation video clips above and/or one of the pronunciation or spelling poems above.
Then discuss your results on The 25 Most Commonly Misspelled Words (Links to an external site.) Test to address one or some of these questions:
- Did either of the visuals above (poem or video clip) remind you of your own or someone else’s spelling issues?
- Are you a good speller or a bad speller?
- Were you a Spelling Bee winner in elementary, middle, or high school?
- Do you frequently use a spell checker?
- When you use the Spell Checker, do you also use the Dictionary to make sure that your now correctly spelled word is the word choice for your sentence?
- What spelling tricks and rules do you remember? I before E except after C, for instance.
- What are some of your favorite misspellings? Here are some of mine:
- The Stimulous Package
- My former math teacher pasted away.
- I was Valet Victoria of my high school graduating class.
- References available apone request
- Sorry for the incontinence
- a cereal killer
- During the hurricane, we evaporated.
- The guess speaker for commencement and several extinguishedfaculty members