FM006 Assessment Instructions
Review the details of your assessment including the rubric. You will have the ability to submit the assessment once you submit your required pre-assessments and engage with your Faculty Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a substantive way about the competency.
In this Assessment, you will conduct operational analysis, make relevant calculations, and present concise financial information to support effective decision making and ensure effective management and accountability.
It is strongly recommended that you review all Learning Resources and complete the Learning Activities prior to attempting the Assessment.
This Assessment requires submission of one (1) document. Save the file as FM006_firstinitial_lastname (for example, FM006_J_Smith).
When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the
You may submit a draft of your assignment to the Turnitin Draft Check area to check for authenticity. When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
- Download the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist to use as a guide when completing your Assessment. Responses that do not meet the expectations of scholarly writing will be returned without scoring. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided, where appropriate.
- Be sure to use scholarly academic resources as specified in the rubric. This means using Walden Library databases to obtain peer reviewed articles. Additionally, .gov (government expert sources) are a quality resource option. Note: Internet and .com sources do not meet this requirement. Contact your coach or SME for guidance on using Library Databases.
- Carefully review the rubric for the Assessment as part of your preparation to complete your Assessment work.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
- Use the APA course paper template available here.
- Download the Writing Checklist to review prior to submitting your Assessment.
For the Assessment, assume that you are a financial expert at Arizona Health Services (AHS), a large not-for profit hospital system and you have been charged with conducting an operational analysis on a single resource or asset. You will report the results of your analysis in an email to the AHS leadership in which you explain the efficiency and viability of the resource or asset you selected.
To complete the Assessment, conduct an operational analysis of a single resource or asset in which you determine whether the resource or asset is efficient and viable. As you prepare the email, consider the following:
- How managing material assets contributes to making effective management decisions and ensuring operational efficiency.
- How leveraging the cost of trade credit can improve cash flow and enhance working capital.
- How lease financing and business valuation that can help healthcare managers use financial resources effectively.
- How the assessment of potential expenditures on capital investment informs capital investment decisions.
- How long-term financing options allow healthcare organizations to achieve financial and operational viability in the long-term.
- How project risk analyses are used to conduct the appropriate risk evaluation for the project.
- How post-audits contribute to the review of project performance.
Your email should include the following:
- Describe the resource or asset you selected.
- Explain how the resource or asset is used in the healthcare facility.
- Describe the operational analysis process you used to determine the efficiency and viability of the asset or resource selected
- Explain whether the resource or asset is the most viable and efficient option.
- Justify your determination.