I’m trying to study for my Psychology course and I need some help to understand this question.
ANSWER EACH QUESTION INDIVIDUALLY
- Think about the application of disaster mental health in the field. How is this skillset and application helpful? For example, how does it tie into Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and how is that helpful in a post-disaster context?
- How would this skillset and knowledge help you in the work you do in emergency management? How can you apply these skills or where would they come in useful?
- Do you have any character traits or strengths that would make you especially effective at providing disaster mental health in the field? Any weaknesses are drawbacks that would make it tough for you?
- Drawing on your Reading Resources for Wk 12, what is one element of Self-Care that you find helpful and that you do or would use to keep your stress levels under control during a response (whether as a responder or emergency manager)?
- Finally, please indicate what you found the most beneficial aspects of THIS COURSE (psychology in disasters)