Can you help me understand this Excel question?
In this project you will add formatting to a college budget spreadsheet and rearrange items that are in the wrong categories.
Skills needed to complete this project:
- Using Undo and Redo (Skill 2.5)
- Merging Cells and Splitting Merged Cells (Skill 2.7)
- Applying Cell Styles (Skill 2.12)
- Adding Shading with Fill Color (Skill 2.11)
- Applying Bold, Italic, and Underline (Skill 2.8)
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Cell Content (Skill 2.1)
- Using Paste Options (Skill 2.2)
- Inserting and Deleting Cells (Skill 2.3)
- Using Format Painter (Skill 2.13)
- Applying Conditional Formatting with Data Bars, Color Scales, and Icon Sets (Skill 2.15)
- Wrapping Text in Cells (Skill 2.4)
- Adding Borders (Skill 2.10)
- Open the start file EX2016-ChallengeYourself-2-4. The file will be renamed automatically to include your name. Change the project file name if directed to do so by your instructor, and save it.
- If the workbook opens in Protected View, click the Enable Editing button in the Message Bar at the top of the workbook so you can modify it.
- Center and merge the title across cells A1:E1.
- Apply the Heading 1 cell style to the merged cells.
- Merge and center the four section titles across the appropriate cells (Monthly Income, Available Income, Monthly Expenses, and Semester Expenses).
- Apply cell styles to the section titles as follows:
- Monthly Income—Accent5
- Available Income—Accent2
- Monthly Expenses—Accent6
- Semester Expenses—Accent1
- Add the Gray, Accent 6, Lighter 80% fill color to cells A3:B3. It is the last color in the second row under Theme Colors.
- Bold cells A3:B3.
- Copy only the formatting of cells A3:B3 to the headers in the other sections (cells A10:B10, D3:E3, and D10:E10).
- The line item for lab fees (cells A21:B21) is in the wrong category. Cut the cells and insert them into cells D13:E13, shifting the other cells down. Do not overwrite the existing data.
- Delete the empty cells A21:B21, shifting the other cells up.
IMPORTANT: You must complete step 11 correctly in order to receive points for completing the next steps. Check your work carefully.
- Cell E6 has the wrong number format applied. Copy the formatting from cell E5 and apply it to cell E6.
- Apply conditional formatting to cells B11:B23 to display a red gradient data bar in each cell.
- The text in cell A21 appears cutoff. Apply text wrapping to the cell.
- Apply the default All Borders border style to the following cell ranges: A3:B7, D3:E7, A10:B24, and D10:E16.
- Save and close the workbook.
- Upload and save your project file.
- Submit project for grading.