I don’t know how to handle this Writing question and need guidance.
During Weeks 2‒4 you will complete three collaborative projects with your Book Study Group members. Use a communication tool to connect with group members on these collaborations (e.g., email, Blackboard Collaborate, Google Hangouts, Microsoft Team, and so on).
This week’s collaborative project is an ethics case study analysis assignment. Before starting this collaborative activity, read Case 1 and Case 3 (Schage, 1997), which deal with deception in social science research. For this case study analysis, you will develop the following components:
Case Study Analysis Components (See Ethics of the Mind—Case Study Analysis Template):
- Determine which case the group will discuss and analyze (Case 1 or Case 3).
- Discuss the case using the practical and theoretical ethics ideas you have studied in this week’s resources.
- Each group member will locate and review an ethics decision-making model that can be applied to the case. (Resources can be found below and in the project template).
- Discuss the case using the decision-making models that the group members locate.
- Each group member will record their decision-making model on their individual Case Study Analysis template. Complete segments A‒D of the template at the end of the group discussions.
- The group may collaborate on searching for articles but each group member should find one “choice” empirical research study that can inform the case study analysis. Individual members will list their article on the LR matrix template they submit.
Additional Resources on Ethical Decision-Making
- Ethics Guide: Duty-Based Ethics (BBC, 2014) [Web page]
- Consequentialism & Utilitarianism
- About Consequentialism (BBC, 2014) [Web page]
- Evolutionary Psychology
- A Model for Ethical Decision Making in Business (Woiceshyn, 2011) pages 317-319 [Web page]
- Distributive Justice
- Justice Test (Hamilton, 2012) [Web page]
- Circles of Trust (Center for Courage & Renewal, 2009) [Web page ]
- Chapter 1: The Primacy of Soul (Center for Courage & Renewal, 2008) [Video] [Transcript]
- Chapter 2: The Great Divide (Center for Courage & Renewal, 2008) [Video] [Transcript]
- Chapter 3: Journey Toward an Undivided Life (Center for Courage & Renewal, 2008) [Video] [Transcript]
- Note: These videos are also available on a DVD that is included with your text: A Hidden Wholeness (Palmer, 2009)
BBC. (2014). About consequentialism. Ethics guide. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/introduction/consequen…
BBC. (2014). Duty-based ethics. Ethics guide. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/introduction/consequen…
Hamilton, J. B. (2012). Justice test. Ethics Ops. Retrieved from http://ethicsops.com/JusticeTest.php
Schrag, J. (1997). Do the ends justify the means: The ethics of deception in social science research. In B. Schrag (Ed.), Graduate research ethics: Cases and commentaries – Volume 1, 1997. Retrieved from http://www.onlineethics.org/Resources/Cases/justif…
Woiceshyn, J. (2011). A model for ethical decision making in business: Reasoning, intuition, and rational moral principles. Journal of Business Ethics, 104(3), 311‒323. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org.cupdx.idm.oclc.org/stable/pdf…