I’m studying and need help with a Humanities question to help me learn.
You will explore ethical issues that arise in the business setting. Business ethics is a field that is in constant change as society responds to issues with changing legal and ethical expectations. One of the challenges of business ethics is understanding the distinction between what is legal and what is ethical. You will explore this dynamic in this week’s discussion.
Choose ONE of the following to answer on this Discussion Board:
A: Do you believe affirmative action policies can result in reverse discrimination? If yes, is such discrimination justified? Explain your position with ethical theory.
B: What can organizations do to prevent sexual harassment? Does the current legal environment place unfair burdens on organizations to prevent harassment? Explain why or why not using ethical reasoning and/or theory.
In addition to your posted answer, be sure to comment on at least two of your classmates’ post and participate regularly. Responses to others can come in many forms and can include the following:
- Responses to the ideas or details of someone else’s responses.
- Application of a concept from the reading to life or to the questions you’re asked to answer.
- Assistance for a peer in understanding a concept from the reading.
- Sharing a story from work or your community that illustrates the reading.
- Asking questions on points you need help understanding.
- An explanation of why you answered a question in a specific way.
- Pointing out how different answers took the question in different directions/noting a pattern/suggesting an explanation.
- Developing theories to explain patterns you see in the reading.
- Summarizing aspects of the assigned reading and asking for help from your peers in figuring out how you would apply this concept in a real world situation.