I don’t know how to handle this Business question and need guidance.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read in your course text Chapter 8, Safety and the Physical Environment, to learn about safety features for both indoor and outdoor areas for children. Also, be sure to have retrieved your randomly assigned image of an environmental area of a preschool from the Indoor and Outdoor Environments Image Bank quiz. In the early childhood profession, children’s safety is critical. The discussion’s purpose is to examine safety aspects of the early childhood learning environment.
In your initial post,
- Post the picture from the Indoor and Outdoor Environment quiz to reference in your discussion.
- Discuss the aspects of your assigned photo that promote the overall safety in the early childhood setting.
- Examine alternatives for your assigned scene that would create a safer environment for young children.
- Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review Chapter 8 of the textbook and read the following:
- Implementing a Collaborative Support Model for Educators Reporting Child Maltreatment
- Responding to Child Abuse and Neglect
- State Statutes Search
As an early childhood education professional, you may likely encounter suspected child abuse or neglect. The discussion’s purpose is to familiarize yourself with mandated reporting procedures. In your initial post,
- Locate the statute for the state where you live or work.
- Examine what to consider and be mindful of regarding suspected abuse or neglect in this profession.