I need support with this Business question so I can learn better.
[WLO: 4] [CLOs: 2, 3]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read pages 62 through 72 of the NAEYC Early Learning Program Accreditation Standards and Assessment Items (Links to an external site.). As an early childhood professional, it is important to thoroughly understand health standards. These guidelines ensure healthy environments are created for children’s safety. For this assignment, you will reflect on how knowing the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards supports you as an early childhood education professional.
Throughout your degree, you will be building a personal electronic portfolio called Folio. The ePortfolio tool will help you track your professional and academic progress. In the capstone, or last class, you will use the ePortfolio to reflect on your development across the degree. Once you graduate, it can also be used to demonstrate your skills and competencies to potential employers and the professional community.
This learning activity helps you add content to Folio, the ePortfolio tool this university uses. As an Ashford student, not only will you have access to Folio during your time at Ashford, but you will retain lifetime unlimited access after leaving the university, without fees or capacity limit.
For this activity, you begin developing your ePortfolio by creating an account using Folio. In ECE101, you should have already set up your account. If this has not been done, please start at Step 1 Getting Started in Folio.
Step 1: Getting Started in Folio
- View the Folio Quick Start Guide (Links to an external site.).
- Review how to set up your homepage and profile.
Step 2: Learning Activity
- For this assignment, you will record yourself stating your position. Your position statement should not exceed two pages and your video should not exceed a two-minute length. You may use Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.), YouTube (Links to an external site.), or any other accessible recording device.
- Develop a position statement explaining how knowing NAEYC Standard 5 will support you as an early childhood professional by answering the following prompts:
- Discuss why it is important to know NAEYC health standards.
- Explain how this knowledge will support creating a healthy environment.
- Identify at least two actions for you to promote child health consistent with the NAEYC standards.
- Record your position statement. You may want to practice a few times before you begin recording.
Step 3: Submit to Folio and Waypoint
- Now you are ready to add to your Folio. This should represent you and be appropriate for sharing with colleagues and professionals. Folio is where your recording will be uploaded.
- Copy and paste a working link to your Folio into a Microsoft Word document and submit it to your instructor through the assignment submission button (check that your link works before submitting it).