I’m studying and need help with a Business question to help me learn.
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 1 and 2 from Groark & Song (2012) and view Jorge and Lily’s stories. Proper health and nutrition is critical for the growth and development of young children, yet many American children experience issues stemming from poor nutrition. In fact, HealthyChildren.org finds that “nearly one in three children in America is overweight or obese” (2016). This assignment will focus on two nutrition issues that affect young children.
- After viewing Jorge and Lily’s stories, choose one scenario for your assignment.
- Access APA Style for assistance with the writing process, formatting, documentation, and citations in your written work.
- Locate two credible sources from either the Recommended Resource list or the Ashford Library.
In your paper,
- Summarize your chosen nutrition issue (obesity or malnutrition). (Introduction [one paragraph])
- Identify three main concerns related to the health, safety, and nutrition of this child.
- Discuss the potential long-term effects of the nutrition issue (obesity or malnutrition) from your case study on this child’s growth and development.
- Explain three ways an early childhood teacher can address the issue in the school or center setting.
- Describe three ways you can collaborate with others (e.g., colleagues, families, the community) to combat this nutrition issue.
- Summarize the main points of the nutrition issue and your role in supporting this student. (Conclusion [one paragraph])
The Nutrition Issues paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.