I’m trying to learn for my Economics class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Watch the above video. Once you have done this post a response to each of the bullets below.
- What were the major differences between the 1920s and the 1930s?
- How did the end of WWI affect the U.S. economy?
- Explain the relationship between Liberty Bonds, “Investing Culture”, Margin Buying, and the rapid appreciation of stock values in the 1920s?
- Why did the major bankers meet at J.P Morgan’s office across the street from the NYSE? What did they subsequently do?
- How did the “Liquidity Crisis” compound an even greater contraction in GDP after stock prices collapsed?
- What means did Roosevelt implement to help stabilize stock markets immediately and long-term?
- What effects did the Great Depression have internationally? Do you see any parallels today?
- After you post your narrative, reply to at least two other students comments. Explain why you agree, or better yet, find others that take a different position and explain why you disagree.