I’m working on a Social Science question and need guidance to help me study.
As social workers we have always been nurtured about the importance of integrating and exercising cultural competency in our service and practice. It is enshrined in our professional values and code of practice. But did you know about this other concept called Cultural Humility? This is another important concept.
Watch the two videos on Cultural Humility by accessing the two links below and answer the following questions after watching them:
1. Describe cultural humility
2. Explain the difference between cultural humility and cultural competence
3. What are some similarities between cultural competence and cultural humility? Describe them (at least three examples)
4. As a social worker, what is the significance of cultural humility and cultural competence to practice with children and families, the most vulnerable groups and nonindigenous people e.g. refugees
5. In what ways can you apply these relevant concepts (cultural humility and cultural competence) in your practice as a social worker at the micro and macro levels of practice including service delivery and advocacy
6. A) List four takeaways from watching the two videos on cultural humility. B) What stuck out to you the most?