I’m working on a Chemistry exercise and need support.
- Write the equilibrium constant expression for the following balanced reactions.
- a. 2 SO2(g) + O2(g) ⇌ 2 SO3(g)
b. NH3(g) + HCl(g) ⇌ NH4Cl(s)
c. 2 NO2(g) ⇌ N2O4(g)g
d. Ni2+(aq) + 6 NH3(aq) ⇌ Ni(NH3)62+(aq)
e. HF (aq) + H2O(l) ⇌ H3O+ (aq) + F– (aq)
- For the general reaction A + B ⇌ C + D, and given the value of K, state whether the equilibrium favors the reactants, products or neither.
- K = 3.75 x 1015
- K = 1.44 x 10-5
- K = 24
- K = 0.0199
- For the reaction CO(g) + 2 H2(g) ⇌ CH3OH(g), the equilibrium concentrations are 0.495 M carbon monoxide gas, 0.990 M hydrogen gas and 0.00533 M methanol gas.What is the equilibrium constant for this reaction?
- Name two ways to shift the reaction below to products (right side).
- Consider the system at equilibrium:
- 2 SO2(g) + O2(g) ⇌ 2 SO3(g)
- NH3(g) + HCl(g) ⇌ NH4Cl(s)
- 2 NO2(g) ⇌ N2O4(g)g
- Ni2+(aq) + 6 NH3(aq) ⇌ Ni(NH3)62+(aq)
- HF (aq)+H2O(l) ⇌ H3O+ (aq)+ F– (aq)
H2(g) + Br2(g)⇌ 2 HBr (g) + heat
2 SO3(g) +197.8 kJ⇌ 2 SO2(g)+ 1 O2(g)
Predict how the equilibrium will shift (towards reactants/left or towards products/right) if:
- oxygen gas is added
- SO2(g) is removed from the system
- the temperature is decreased
- SO3(g) is added
- Increase in pressure
- a catalyst is added to the system