Topic: Data Analysis and Quality Improvement Initiative Proposal
Analyze dashboard metrics related to the selected issue. SEPSIS in any hospital
- Provide the selected data set in the proposal in an 8-10 page paper, cover and reference page do not count towards the 8-10 pages. (APA 7 with 5 references).
- Assess the stability of processes or outcomes.
- Delineate any problematic variations or performance failures.
- Evaluate QI initiatives on the selected health issue with existing quality indicators from other facilities, government agencies, and non-governmental bodies on quality improvement.
- Analyze challenges that meeting prescribed benchmarks can pose for a heath care organization and the interprofessional team.
- Outline a QI initiative proposal based on the selected health issue and data analysis.
- Identify target areas for improvement.
- Define what processes can be modified to improve outcomes.
- Propose strategies to improve quality.
- Define interprofessional roles and responsibilities as they relate to the QI initiative.
- Provide recommendations for effective communication strategies for the interprofessional team to ensure the success of the QI initiative. Briefly reflect on the impact of the proposed initiative on work-life quality of the nursing staff and interprofessional team.
Reflect on QI initiatives focused on measuring and improving patient outcomes with which you are familiar.
- How important is the role of nurses in QI initiatives?
- What quality improvement initiatives have made the biggest difference? Why?
- When a QI initiative does not succeed as planned, what steps are taken to improve or revise the effort?
If you have access to dashboard metrics related to a QI initiative proposal of interest to you:
- Analyze data from a health care facility to identify a health care issue or area of concern. You will need access to reports and data related to care quality and patient safety. If you work in hospital setting, contact the quality management department to obtain the data you need.
- You will need to identify basic information about the health care setting, size, and specific type of care delivery related to the topic that you identify. You are expected to abide by HIPAA compliance standards.