I’m trying to learn for my Management class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
CASE REVIEW 4
Read Vehar v. Cole National Group, 251 Fed. Appx. 993 (6th Cir. 2007), in chapter 12 of your textbook and answer the following questions:
1. What were the legal issues in this case? What did the court decide?
2. What was the basis for the court’s conclusion that the plaintiff and her two male comparators engaged in equal work?
3. What factor other than sex is cited by the employer? Why is it not sufficient to avoid a trial?
4. What should the employer have done differently?
CASE REVIEW 5
Review Compass Environmental v. OSHRC in Chapter 16 of the text and answer the following questions:
1. What is the legal issue in this case? What did the court decide?
2. What did the Secretary of Labor have to show in order to establish a violation? How did this employer violate the OSH Act?
3. Why does the dissenting judge believe that there was no violation?
4. Do you agree with the court’s decision in this case? Why or why not?
5. Regardless of this employer’s legal obligations, do you think that beer training would have averted this accident? Why or why not?