Bramble Corporation is a small wholesaler of gourmet food products. Data regarding the store’s operations follow:
- Sales are budgeted at $240,000 for November, $220,000 for December, and $210,000 for January.
- Collections are expected to be 65% in the month of sale and 35% in the month following the sale.
- The cost of goods sold is 70% of sales.
- The company would like to maintain ending merchandise inventories equal to 60% of the next month’s cost of goods sold. Payment for merchandise is made in the month following the purchase.
- Other monthly expenses to be paid in cash are $23,000.
- Monthly depreciation is $14,000.
- Ignore taxes.
October 31Assets Cash$22,200Accounts receivable 72,200Merchandise inventory 100,800Property, plant and equipment, net of $574,200 accumulated depreciation 1,096,200Total assets$1,291,400 Liabilities and Stockholders’ Equity Accounts payable$256,200Common stock 822,200Retained earnings 213,000Total liabilities and stockholders’ equity$1,291,400
The difference between cash receipts and cash disbursements for December would be: