Assignment 5: Negotiation Presentation
Due Week 10 and worth 250 points
Imagine that you are about to purchase a new car, a new home, or another big ticket item. You want to negotiate a good price for yourself that is also fair to the seller. Using the chapters in the textbook, develop a plan that will give you the best chance to succeed.
Create a PowerPoint presentation of your plan with a minimum of twenty (20) slides and corresponding speaker notes in which you:
- Create a scenario for buying a new car, a new home, or another big ticket item.
- Analyze the dynamics of the negotiation process that you think will give you the best opportunity to succeed.
- Determine the specific tactics you will use to effectively implement your plan.
- Determine the Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA) and the Worst Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (WATNA) for this scenario.
- Create a plan for conflict or dispute resolution for the scenario that you created for this assignment.
- Propose a plan for closing the sale that is fair to both parties involved in the negotiation.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the dynamics of a negotiation process and determine specific tactics to effectively implement the steps of negotiation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Write clearly and concisely about negotiation and conflict resolution using proper writing mechanics.