I need an explanation for this Statistics question to help me study.
For this Discussion, you are going to determine analyze the relationship between two quantitative variables.
- Find bivariate quantitative data for 6-12 individuals. Report these values. Choose one of these ways to collect your data:
- Google your favorite sports team with the word “statistics” after it. Generally, you’ll find a list of players on your team, along with data for several different variables. Choose two variables that you think are interesting and copy down the values for 6-12 players. Saints!!
- Use U.S. Census Bureau data, which you can find at the following link: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045219 (Links to an external site.). In the search box, enter the name of a state. Click on the state name when it comes up. You’ll see a column for that state added to the data table on the website. Choose 6-12 states. Choose two rows in the table that contain variables that you think are interesting. Copy down the values for the states you chose.
- Collect your own data for two quantitative variables from 6-12 individuals you know.
- Identify which variable you want to be the explanatory variable and which you want to be the response variable.
- Compute the correlation coefficient r for your data and identify the critical value. State whether or not there is a significant linear relationship.
- Give the regression equation.