There are several types of stratification. Among the most common are stratification by gender, race, ethnicity, age, and social class.
It can be difficult to be empathetic until walking in someone else’s shoes. This week, you will do just that. Assume the role of someone who is different from you in terms of race, gender, ethnicity, age, or social class, and discuss how this person is affected by stratification.
Focus your discussion on the following:
- Explain the person you are describing (their age, race, gender, and so on).
- Discuss what their daily life is like, from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed.
- What are their thoughts and behaviors? Discuss why they may have these thoughts and behaviors.
- Discuss how others may view them or treat them and why.
- Discuss how this person may be stereotyped and what aspects may be true and untrue.
- Explain how walking in the shoes of someone else may help others to become more understanding and empathetic. Make sure to tie this back to sociology.
- Reference for proof please