1.What is Common Law?
2. Where did Common Law originate?
3. What is a Tort?
4. What is negligence?
5. What are the elements of Negligence?
6. What are the elements of a Battery?
7. What are the elements of an Assault?
8. Explain the purpose of a corporation or business entity – discuss:
9. List all essential 8 articles to make a valid Florida corporation
10. Explain and define each of the 8 articles
11. HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION: If Rodini is hanging out at William’s house watching the Miami Dolphons loose again – he takes a bathroom break, and finds a new iPhone 7. Rodini – thinks to himself – I could sell this for at least $450 at local cell phone unlocking store.
a. If Rodini decides to sell the phone, has he violated any law?
b. If Rodini sells it, then asks William about, and it turns out William took it from his Friend Wayan, has he violated any law?
c. What if he sells it, and then asks William about it, and William doesn’t know anything about it?
12. What is Grand Theft? (in Florida)
13. What is Petit Theft? (in Florida)
14. Why would you create a corporation?
15. What is the purpose of a corporation?
16. HYPOTHETICAL: 10 People are trapped in a cave; one of them is pregnant. They have a stick of dynamite, however, if they use the dynamite they can possibly get out, but very likely some will die and the pregnant woman will surely lose the baby, what would you do? There is no help or chance at being rescued. If they continue to wait, high tide will arrive and all will drown. Discuss – don’t give me a silly answer.
17. Give me a brief synopsis about your mid-term project and tell me why you think it will actually make money in South Florida. (at least 2-3 paragraphs)
18. What are we fighting about in Criminal Court?
19. What are we fighting about in Civil Court?
20. What is consideration, in terms of a contract?
21. What is quantum-meruit?
22. What is a breach of contract?
23. What is a secured transaction?
24. What is unsecured debt versus secured debt?
25. What is a Unilateral Contract?
26. What is a bilateral contract?
27. What is the mirror image rule in contracts?
28. What are the three co-equal branches of government?
29. What do each of the three branches of governments do?
30. The governor of the State is a member of which branch?
31. The Mayor is a member of which branch of government at the local level?
32. What is an executive order?
33. Who makes or issues executive orders?
34. If there is a conflict between an executive order and a statute, who wins?